Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Seriously??? I don't need a cast anymore?!

Went to the doctor today to get my non weight bearing cast off and was ready to have the walking cast put on. The doctor came in and said it looks great and he was putting me straight into a boot for 5 weeks. Wow, I wasn't expecting that! I got the boot and started to walk and QUICKLY found out that I couldn't do it. The guy who gave me the boot thought it was funny that I even tried. He said he didn't tell me I could walk right then. He said since I wasn't used to walking and there would be pain involved until I got my "sea legs", he said I needed to use crutches (why didn't he start the conversation with that?)So, Tom had to go out to the car to get the crutches and I walked out of the building with the biggest smile on my face. What a great day. Thank you Jesus for this!

The team from Maryland should be in the air heading to Honduras. It does make me sad that I won't be able to join them. They have become part of my family and I miss them all.

I am thankful that I have this extra time to spend with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment